A Powerful Journaling Technique for Manifesting Better Health
I’ve been journaling pretty much since I learned how to write. For as long as I can remember, I’ve always gotten my thoughts out best when I put pen to paper.
One of the best Christmas presents I ever got from my parents was an “electronic password diary” (this huge, clunky purple thing that was bigger than my head. See pic below). Basically, you had to say your diary password into the tiny little microphone on it in order to unlock it. It was the ultimate in privacy and at nine years old, I thought it was the coolest thing ever.
To this day, you’ll usually find me with an arsenal of journals on hand — one for my morning lists, one for the courses I’m taking, one for business stuff, one that I use as a day-planner. Give me a journal and I’ll find a use for it!
But besides just recording your thoughts and staying organized, did you know that you can use your journal to manifest things?!
Today, I want to share how I use my journal every single day to manifest better health — along with anything else I desire. I’ve been working on my health for over a year now and I’ve made so many huge strides, many of which I credit to the energetic and mindset strategies I share here on my blog.
Ready to journal your way to better health? Let’s dive in! I’ve included 10 journaling prompts to get you started, plus a free workbook and extra prompts if you’re ready for more.
Journal Your Way to Better Health
If you’re familiar with the concept of manifestation, you know that the energy you put out into the world is what comes back to you. The Universe is constantly gauging your energetic vibration and sending you things that match it. In fact, something can’t enter your life unless it matches your vibration (your vibration now, or at some point in the relatively recent past).
Journaling is an amazing way to raise your vibration and become an energetic match for impeccable health. When you write something down, it’s like you’re putting an energetic charge behind it. This is great for manifesting!
Using "scripting” to manifest
Scripting is a powerful technique for writing things into existence. I first heard about scripting from Abraham Hicks, and because I love writing so much, it quickly became one of my favorite ways to manifest things.
Scripting simply involves writing out a detailed description of how you want something in your life to go or what you want your life to look like. It’s like you’re a screenwriter, writing out the story of your life, and you get to decide exactly what’s going to happen next by writing it into your script.
You can script anytime, and you can write about anything under the sun. It can be as simple as jotting down a few sentences about how your dinner date tonight is going to go tonight, or something as complex as writing out your future dream life in exquisite, luxurious detail.
Scripting works so well because it helps you to:
Gain clarity on exactly what you want
Declare your desires to the universe
Indulge in unlimited thinking and use your imagination
Become an energetic match for the things you desire
Do I have you convinced yet? If you’re at all into writing, you’ll love the technique of scripting.
Below are 10 prompts to get you started. Some of them involve scripting, while the others will help you dig a little deeper into why you want to get healthy, the habits you feel called to adopt, and any limiting beliefs that are standing in your way.
10 journaling prompts for manifesting better health
1. What does your ideal, perfectly healthy body look and feel like? Describe what it’s like to live in that body in detail.
2. Describe a day in your life as your healthiest self, from start to finish. What do you do? How do you feel? What do you prioritize? Who are you with? What do you fill your day with? What do you prioritize? What are your surroundings like?
3. What are your biggest motivators for wanting to improve your health and wellbeing? Make a list of every single reason, no matter how small it seems or how “selfish” it feels (there’s no such thing as “selfish” when it comes to manifesting!).
4. What healthy habits do you feel called to start incorporating into your life, and why? What routines, rituals, and new avenues are calling to you or have piqued your interest lately?
5. What are some of your limiting beliefs around why you can’t be healthy? What new beliefs do you want to adopt instead? Write them into existence! (Write your new beliefs 5-10x each to really let them sink in).
6. Who do you look to for health and wellness inspiration? Why are they so inspiring to you? Which of their traits and actions can you adopt and work to develop?
7. Pretend it’s one year from now and you’re in your healthiest body and state ever. In this vision, reflect on your journey over the past year. What got you to this point? These are hints at what you should do next!
8. In this vision of Healthy You one year from now, what roadblocks did you have to overcome along the way? How did you overcome them?
9. How can you start showing your body more love? (Bonus exercise: Try writing a love letter to your body, thanking it for everything it does for you!)
10. After completing the nine prompts above, what steps do you feel guided to take next? Write them down and begin taking action right away.
Will you be trying out these journaling prompts? And are you a total journal fiend like me? Let me know down below! ⬇️